Gennady Golovkin to return in June after signing deal with DAZN

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. Alvarez already has an exclusive deal with the sports streaming service and is set to meet Daniel Jacobs in a middleweight title unification match on May 4 in Las Vegas.The deal calls for Golovkin to fight twice a year on DAZN for the next three years, giving the longtime middleweight champion from Kazakhstan plenty of opportunities to regain titles.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets‍‍‍ offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsThe biggest one would be through another bout with Alvarez after their two close contests, which were both pay-per-view fights. When Alvarez signed his contract last year, which his promotional company said would pay him a minimum of $365 million, DAZN executive chairman John Skipper said he hoped it would help attract other top fighters.He finally got Golovkin, whom he called “a generational talent with international appeal.” Eugenie Bouchard’s bid for Australian Open spot ends in qualifying Rogue cops marked as Gamboa’s targets in his appointment as PNP chief LATEST STORIES DAZN has all the middleweight champions, with WBO champion Demetrius Andrade also fighting on DAZN. He called out Golovkin after defending his title in January, saying he would “destroy” Triple G.GGG Promotions will do two cards per year on DAZN beginning in 2020. Golovkin and Skipper plan to discuss the deal next week at a press conference in the Los Angeles area.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics PLAY LIST 00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics03:42SEA Games: Rogen Ladon enters flyweight boxing semis03:13SEA Games 2019: PH’s Carlo Paalam boxing light flyweight semi final (HIGHLIGHTS)02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines?center_img US women’s national soccer team players sue for equitable pay MOST READ Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title FILE – In this Sept. 17, 2017, file photo, Gennady Golovkin reacts following a middleweight title against Canelo Alvarez, in Las Vegas. Golovkin will return to the ring in June after signing a multiyear deal Friday, March 8, 2019, with DAZN, which gives him the possibility of a third fight with Alvarez. No date or opponent was announced for the fight, which will be Golovkin’s first since being edged by Alvarez last September in their second bout after they fought to a draw in the first one. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)NEW YORK — Gennady Golovkin will return to the ring in June after signing a multiyear deal Friday with DAZN, which gives him the possibility of a third fight with Canelo Alvarez.No date or opponent was announced for the fight, which will be Golovkin’s first since being edged by Alvarez last September in their second bout after they fought to a draw in the first one.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *