The first Annual General Meeting was held at Maroubra Seals Club, NSW on September 23, 1979.Attending:Ray Vawdon – President Australian Touch Football AssociationPhil Smith – Secretary Australian Touch Football AssociationBob Dyke – Treasurer Australian Touch Football Association & New South Wales Touch Football Association DelegatePaul Eggers – Queensland Touch Football Association DelegateBob Allen – Australian Capital Territory Touch Football Association DelegateGordon Abbercrombie – Victoria Touch Football Association DelegateTony Sheahan – South Australia Touch Football Association DelegateRon Ellis – Tasmania Touch Football Association DelegateGuests Included:John McAlister – North Queensland Touch Football AssociationBill Pearse – North Queensland Touch Football AssociationHugh Grant – Central Queensland Touch Football AssociationBill Carney – Tasmania Touch Football AssociationPeter Rooney – New South Wales Touch Football AssociationWhat was discussed:Reports were presented from all states and North Queensland on what was occurring. A letter from the City of Gold Coast was presented inviting the Australian Touch Football Association to hold the first Australian National Championships on the Gold Coast.Resolved from the meeting was the decision that the first Australian National Championships would be held on the Gold Coast on 6th & 7th December 1980.A special 30 Year National Championships Celebration breakfast will be held on Sunday 14th March 2010 after the National Touch League.More information will be provided shortly the regarding the 30 Year Celebration.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal in contact with Man Utd midfielder Andreas Pereiraby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal are in contact with Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira.UOL reports Pereira is considering an offer to join Arsenal.The young midfielder is a target for Unai Emery and could move in the January window. Pereira is off contract in June.The Gunners’ transfer supremo Sven Mislintat sees Pereira as an ideal addition.The fee is likely to be an initial £10m but may rise to double that with performance-related add-ons.
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Wolves captain Conor Coady: We’ll fight backby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves captain Conor Coady has faith the club can re-discover their form.Saturday’s 5-2 home loss to Chelsea means the Molineux outfit have one point from five Premier League games.He said: “I have great belief in the club and the team and we will come through it, but we don’t want to find ourselves in situations like this. “We’ve got to look at the way we’re doing things as much as possible because it’s not good enough. There are standards we have set so we’ve got to make sure that we rectify it.”The good thing is we’re in all competitions and the games are coming thick and fast. We’re giving teams too much space and we’re going behind in games too often. We go behind and we’re chasing it so it’s important that we do that better.”
OTTAWA — A senior government official says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to shuffle the federal cabinet on Monday.This will be the third time the prime minister switches up his roster this year.In January, Trudeau moved Jody Wilson-Raybould to veterans affairs from the justice portfolio, which went to David Lametti.The prime minister made a few more changes earlier this month to fill the void left by Wilson-Raybould after she resigned from cabinet amid the ongoing SNC-Lavalin controversy.A few days after the mini-shuffle, Jane Philpott also stepped down from cabinet, saying she had lost confidence in the government over its handling of the SNC-Lavalin issue.Philpott had served as president of the Treasury Board.The Canadian Press
TORONTO — Canada’s main stock index was up in late-morning trading as gains in the financial, industrial and materials sectors outweighed losses in the energy sector as the price of oil fell.The S&P/TSX composite index was up 79.85 points at 15,236.25.In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 107.95 points at 25,495.13. The S&P 500 index was up 26.34 points at 2,752.56, while the Nasdaq composite was up 109.98 points at 7,310.85.The Canadian dollar traded for 75.56 cents US.The December crude contract was down US$2.57 at US$57.36 per barrel and the December natural gas contract was up 21.2 cents at US$4 per mmBTU.The December gold contract was up 40 cents at US$1,203.90 an ounce and the December copper contract was up 2.05 cents at US$2.70 a pound. The Canadian Press
Raipur: Four Border Security Force (BSF) personnel were killed and two injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh Thursday, police said. The encounter comes a week before polling for the first phase of Lok Sabha elections is held in the state. The skirmish took place around noon in a dense forest near Mahla village in Kanker district when a joint team of BSF’s 114th battalion and the District Force was out on a search operation, police said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details “Four BSF troopers were killed and two injured in the incident,” Deputy Inspector General (anti-Naxal operations) Sundarraj P told PTI. The patrolling team had launched the operation from the BSF’s Mahla camp, located around 250 from Raipur, he said. When the security men were advancing through a forest patch, a group of naxals fired at them, leading to a gun battle, he said. The deceased were identified as BSF’s assistant sub- inspector Boro, and constables Ramkrishnan, Someshwar and Ishrar Khan, he said. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Assistant commandant Gopu Ram and inspector Gopal Ram were injured in the exchange of fire, he said. Soon after being alerted, reinforcement was rushed to the spot, he said, adding that a search operation was underway in the area. The bodies and the injured personnel were brought to the BSF’s Mahla camp later, he said. Polling in the Kanker Lok Sabha constituency will be held along with two other seats – Mahasamund and Rajnandgaon – in the second phase of Lok Sabha elections in Chhattisgarh on April 18. Polling for other two phases in the state will be held on April 11 and 23.
Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini has faced off against numerous amounts of world-class strikers across his playing career and rates Mauro Icardi as one of the bestThe Inter Milan star is one of the most highly-regarded forwards in European football right now and has been frequently linked with a move to Real Madrid.In total, Icardi has scored 119 goals in 200 appearances for Inter and has found the net against Juventus eight times since arriving at Italy in 2011.And Chiellini has nothing but respect for Icardi, who he rates as the most deadliest striker in the penalty area behind team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.“In my opinion, Icardi is the second best striker in the penalty box who I’ve ever marked,” Chiellini told DAZN, via Football-Italia.“He chips away at you mentally, in the sense that you have to be concentrated all the time. I’ve only encountered one who is worse for that, but he’s playing with me this year!”The Italian defender then gave his take on the downside of Juventus’ campaign this season.Gasperini reveals why he rejected Inter Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Atalanta manager, Gian Piero Gasperini, has revealed why he rejected Internazionale Milan’s job proposal over the summer transfer window.Massimiliano Allegri’s side finished top of Group H in the Champions League on Wednesday night, despite losing 2-1 to BSC Young Boys in their final game, and already lead the Serie A by eight points from nearest challengers Napoli.But Chiellini highlighted October’s 1-1 home draw with Genoa and their 2-1 defeat to Manchester United last month as low points in their season.“There are some, like that draw we had with Genoa. Those were definitely two points dropped, and with all due respect for Genoa we can’t afford to drop points to them at home,” said Chiellini.“We’ve also been at 1-0 close to the end too many times. It’s almost always been fine because of our attitude, but against Manchester United we paid for it with interest.“I’d say 1-0 is a perfect result up until about 60 minutes, then you need to get the second and manage things better.“Not conceding gives you confidence for the next games, but having a little cushion means you expend less physical and mental energy.”
Events will continue through Saturday, March 3 throughout downtown Anchorage. Click here for the complete event schedule. Traditionally Fur Rendezvous lasted ten days, but since 2004 it has extended through early March, in order to lead into the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Photos courtesy of Coy Kirby- Kenai Resident Known locally as Fur Rondy, the event has been going strong for more than 80 years. The event started in 1935 as a three-day sporting event timed to coincide with the return of miners and trappers loaded down with the fruits of a winter of work.The name “Fur Rendezvous” derives from swap meets at which fur trappers would gather to sell their winter harvests. In early Anchorage, these usually took place in mid-February which started the tradition for the Fur Rondy. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Alaska’s largest and oldest winter festival, Anchorage Fur Rendezvous, kicked off on February 23 and lasts until March 4. The festival draws many visitors from outside of Anchorage including many from the Kenai Peninsula. The Rondy Parade was held downtown Saturday followed by the annual sled dog race today, Sunday. The Rondy carnival will be open all week.
Snapchat Tags Getty Images Snap, which has struggled to keep users on its Snapchat app, broke its losing streak.Snap said Tuesday that 186 million users logged in to the vanishing-messaging app daily in the fourth quarter, the same number as in the previous quarter. Snap had seen a drop in daily usage for two consecutive quarters last year after an unpopular redesign of the app.The results helped the company boost revenue and narrow its loss compared with the same period last year.Investors loved the news, pushing the company’s shares as much as 20 percent higher in after-hours trading. That isn’t to say Snap doesn’t have challenges. The company is working on a new version of the app for Android. Snap is also dealing with a string of executive departures, including Tim Stone, the chief financial officer who said last month that he was leaving after less than a year on the job. It also has to compete with larger social networks such as Facebook and its Instagram service, both of which have been investing more in ephemeral messaging, for ad dollars. “The transitions we made in both the Snapchat platform and our business last year were necessary and created many of the opportunities we have ahead of us,” said Snap CEO Evan Spiegel during a conference call with analysts. “But change is always difficult and this past year was no exception.”Snap has rolled out a new version of its Android app to a small percentage of its users, but didn’t say when it will be released more broadly. Spiegel also said during the conference call that the company is trying to get users between the ages of 13 to 34 to spend more time on the app by releasing more original shows on the platform. At the same time, the company is focusing on personalizing the app for users above 34 years old and expanding internationally. In the fourth quarter, the company grew its revenue by 36 percent, to $389.8 million, beating the $377.52 million expected on average by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.Snap reported an adjusted loss, which excludes expenses such as employee stock compensation, of 4 cents a share compared with a loss of 13 cents in the same quarter last year. Analysts expected a loss of 7 cents a share. The company also doesn’t expect daily active users to decline in the first three months of 2019. “The fact that Snap was able to maintain its daily active user base quarter over quarter is a positive sign,” Debra Aho Williamson, an analyst with eMarketer, said in an email. “When Snap finally rolls out its updated Android app, it could move the company back into growth territory.”First published Feb. 5, 1:23 p.m. PTUpdate, 2 p.m.: Adds quote from analyst. 3:17 p.m.: Adds remarks from conference call. CES 2019: See all of CNET’s coverage of the year’s biggest tech show.Everything about Fortnite: What you need to know about the hit game. 0 Internet Services Tech Industry Post a comment Share your voice
Oscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 viewsOscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 views00:00 / 00:00- 00:00:0000:00Oscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 viewsBusinessPLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3 Academy Award-nominated films flooding the market in China – top-quality bootleg versions, that is. It’s Oscar season again. China hasVentuno Web Player 4.50PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3 Academy Award-nominated films flooding the market in China – top-quality bootleg versions, that is. It’s Oscar season again. China has