The former Democratic Party chairman said he was worried that the currently small number of detected COVID-19 cases in Indonesia would increase when other countries saw declines, adding that a late policy response could make Indonesia a “new epicenter” of the pandemic, which has now shifted to Europe from China.He said some countries and cities had been put themselves under lockdown to save their people, in which the administrations prohibited people from leaving their homes and restricted activities in crowded places, such as restaurants and malls.“Some people may be uncomfortable by this policy, which also has risks, including economic losses, but such policies and actions must be taken. Public health and safety should be prioritized above all else,” he saidSBY also warned that the global economic turmoil caused by the pandemic was also serious, especially a series of trading halts as stock markets swung, as well as oil prices and exchange rates plummeting in the past week. “This has reminded me of the 2008 [economic crisis],”He went on to say that at the time, policy responses carried out collectively by the world, both monetary and fiscal, were unable to necessarily calm the market, as it required each country to come up with national policies and actions.”Indonesia should not be late in carrying out policy responses and concrete actions. Don’t be ‘too little and too late.’ Save our economy, save the people.”As of Wednesday morning, Indonesia has reported 172 confirmed cases of COVID-19.Topics : Former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has called on President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s administration to take the novel coronavirus more seriously by correcting their existing policies, saying that the government seemed have underestimated the virus at the beginning.”The people will feel calm and not panic, like the government wants, if they believe that the government is taking the right, credible steps,” he said in a Facebook post on Tuesday. “The people will also feel calm if they are given the information they need, together with what the government expects of them.”
The majority of economists still think interest rates will stay on hold until at least the second half of 2018. Photo: AFP/William West.INTEREST rates are still likely to remain on hold until at least the second half of this year, despite surprisingly strong employment figures.Australia’s jobs boom continued in December with the latest Australian Bureau of Statistics figures revealing employment rose by 34,700 in seasonally adjusted terms last month — more than doubling the 15,000 increase that had been expected.But Queensland disappointed, with the state’s unemployment rate rising to a seasonally adjusted 6 per cent. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus22 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market22 hours agoThe majority of economists think interest rates are still likely to stay on hold until at least the second half of 2018. Photo: Glenn Hunt/Getty Images.So what are economists saying about the outlook for interest rates in the wake of the latest figures?CommSec senior economist Ryan Felsman said that while the job market was strong, wages growth was still only modest.“We expect the next move in rates to be up, but not until late in 2018 at the earliest,” he said in a note to clients. CHARMING HOMES AUCTIONED OFF A general view of properties in North Lakes outside Brisbane. Photo: Glenn Hunt/Getty Images.TD Securities chief Asia-Pac macro strategist Annette Beacher agreed there needed to be a “meaningful pick-up” in wages and inflation for the RBA to “shift off its neutral perch”.AMP Capital chief economist Shane Oliver expects the RBA to raise rates around the end of the year. WHAT SOLD BIG AND WHERE National Australia Bank continues to expect a half a per cent increase in the official cash rate in the second half of this year, while ANZ, on the other hand, predicts interest rates will increase twice this year.
Ritz is considering various alternatives to decrease snow days in Indiana.Glenda Ritz, state superintendent of public instruction, is visiting southeastern Indiana on Wednesday.She made a stop at the Southeastern Career Center, Central Elementary School in Lawrenceburg and also scheduled to meet with administrators from Lawrenceburg Community School Corporation.Ritz has been considering several options for Indiana’s school districts to make up for the snow days, including implementing longer school days, for example adding an hour on to six different days to equal for one missed day.Another idea is to provide schools with an option of online teaching or have students attend class on select Saturday’s.Several local school corporations have utilized the waiver days she offered in January, but not pursuing extended days, online teaching or weekend classes.“Right now with the number of days we have to make up, we don’t have to look at any of those options,” said Johnny Budd, superintendent of Decatur County School Corporation. “We did apply and receive a waiver for two days.”North and South Decatur students have seven scheduled days to make up. If another snow day would occur, Budd indicated that the corporation has another day during the second week of spring break to use.South Ripley School Corporation will not explore any options that the Ritz is considering, as they have nine days to make up and all have been scheduled.The snow days have forced an extended ISTEP testing period. The original dates were scheduled from March 3 to 12. The State Board of Education voted to allow the ISTEP to be administered any time from March 3 to 21.
“This is a very disappointing result for us but this is football. We know Kenya has a good team and they deserved to win. In modern football, you can’t say Ghana has to beat Kenya just like that. The game has to finish before you know the result,” the speedy winger said.His comments were also shared by teammate Kwadwo Asamoah who came in as a second half substitute, though he didn’t do much to change the face of the game.“It was a tough game for us and unfortunate that we couldn’t get out with anything. We had the chances, we couldn’t score and that is how football is. If your opponent takes their chances then that’s it,” Asamoah who turns out for Italian Giants Inter Milan said.Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah during their 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) Qualifier against Kenya’s Harambee Stars at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on September 8, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluThe loss however according to the two players does not dent Ghana’s hope of making it into next year’s Cup of Nations in Cameroon and in the long run qualification for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.“This is behind our backs now and we have to go back and analyze our mistakes. We need to know what we didn’t do right and correct for the next game. I am very certain we will qualify for the Cup of Nations. We have four more games to play and those are many points,” Atsu noted.Asamoah said; “It is not the end of the road for us. We just need to keep fighting and I am sure we have a good future ahead.”Ghana started their campaign with a 5-0 win against Ethiopia and after the Kenya loss, focus will be on the back to back home and away ties against Sierra Leone where they hope to bank nine points and put one foot into the Cup of Nations.0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Ghana winger Christian Atsu controls the ball during their 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) Qualifier against Kenya’s Harambee Stars at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on September 8, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Sep 9 – Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu has admitted that Kenya were deserved winners on Saturday afternoon, beating them by a solitary goal in a 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifying match at the Kasarani Stadium.Atsu who turns out for English Premier League side Newcastle United said they were punished for missed chances while Kenya took theirs and executed a master defensive plan under pressure especially after going a man down.