TCI with Seven top resorts says Condé NastTraveler

first_img Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #Top7Resorts Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, October 23, 2017 – Parrot Cay – Condé Nast, one of the world’s leading travel magazine publications has named its Top 20 resorts in the Atlantic and seven of the spots belong to the Turks and Caicos. Como Parrot Cay tops the Turks and Caicos properties on the list at number 4. West Bay Club at No. 7, Gansevoort is at No. 8, Grace Bay Club is 11th on the list; The Palms is 12th; Seven Stars comes in at No. 15 and at No. 18 is Amanyara on the favorites list of the Reader’s Choice Awards.#MagneticMediaNews#Top7Resorts Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Shutdown looms as President pushes the border wall

first_img Allen Denton, Allen Denton 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI)- Congress faces a December 7th deadline to fund part of it’s government or we could see a partial shutdown.KUSI’s Allen Denton has more on the story. November 28, 2018 Posted: November 28, 2018 Shutdown looms as President pushes the border wall Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Snaps earnings show that users arent disappearing anymore

first_img Snapchat Tags Getty Images Snap, which has struggled to keep users on its Snapchat app, broke its losing streak.Snap said Tuesday that 186 million users logged in to the vanishing-messaging app daily in the fourth quarter, the same number as in the previous quarter. Snap had seen a drop in daily usage for two consecutive quarters last year after an unpopular redesign of the app.The results helped the company boost revenue and narrow its loss compared with the same period last year.Investors loved the news, pushing the company’s shares as much as 20 percent higher in after-hours trading. That isn’t to say Snap doesn’t have challenges. The company is working on a new version of the app for Android. Snap is also dealing with a string of executive departures, including Tim Stone, the chief financial officer who said last month that he was leaving after less than a year on the job. It also has to compete with larger social networks such as Facebook and its Instagram service, both of which have been investing more in ephemeral messaging, for ad dollars. “The transitions we made in both the Snapchat platform and our business last year were necessary and created many of the opportunities we have ahead of us,” said Snap CEO Evan Spiegel during a conference call with analysts. “But change is always difficult and this past year was no exception.”Snap has rolled out a new version of its Android app to a small percentage of its users, but didn’t say when it will be released more broadly. Spiegel also said during the conference call that the company is trying to get users between the ages of 13 to 34 to spend more time on the app by releasing more original shows on the platform. At the same time, the company is focusing on personalizing the app for users above 34 years old and expanding internationally. In the fourth quarter, the company grew its revenue by 36 percent, to $389.8 million, beating the $377.52 million expected on average by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.Snap reported an adjusted loss, which excludes expenses such as employee stock compensation, of 4 cents a share compared with a loss of 13 cents in the same quarter last year. Analysts expected a loss of 7 cents a share. The company also doesn’t expect daily active users to decline in the first three months of 2019. “The fact that Snap was able to maintain its daily active user base quarter over quarter is a positive sign,” Debra Aho Williamson, an analyst with eMarketer, said in an email. “When Snap finally rolls out its updated Android app, it could move the company back into growth territory.”First published Feb. 5, 1:23 p.m. PTUpdate, 2 p.m.: Adds quote from analyst. 3:17 p.m.: Adds remarks from conference call. CES 2019: See all of CNET’s coverage of the year’s biggest tech show.Everything about Fortnite: What you need to know about the hit game. 0 Internet Services Tech Industry Post a comment Share your voicelast_img read more

CBS Viacom to reunite in merger that creates roughly 30B company

first_imgStar Trek: Discovery is one of CBS’ flagship streaming series. CBS All Access CBS and Viacom, two television programming companies that split more than a decade ago, finalized a merger deal Tuesday to recombine, creating a single entity with about $30 billion in market value. The new company, which will be called ViacomCBS, brings brands like CBS and Showtime together with the likes of Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Comedy Central and Paramount. A CBS-Viacom reunion is the latest in a wave of mergers and acquisitions of traditional media companies, as they try to come to grips with the scale of their emerging competitors in the tech world. Netflix and YouTube dominate eyeballs online, and companies like Apple and Amazon, with market caps hovering around $1 trillion, are delving more deeply into video programming. In response, legacy media companies are consolidating to bulk up. Following megadeals like AT&T buying Time Warner and Disney taking over Fox, CBS and Viacom become the latest to turn to M&A as they face a changing landscape where streaming’s on the rise and traditional pay-TV is slipping. (Disclosure: CBS Corp. is the parent of CNET.)During a call with analysts, executives said they hoped to bulk up CBS All Access with kids programming from Viacom, which owns Nickelodeon. Executives added that they continue to like the idea of pricing CBS All Access under $10 a month because they remain interested in driving up subscribers. One of the key motivations for combining, they said in a joint release, was streaming video. CBS and Viacom said a merged company would be in a better position to accelerate a “direct-to-consumer” strategy — industry jargon for streaming services that don’t involve any traditional TV distributor like a cable company. The companies collectively operate CBS All Access and Showtime’s streaming option, along with Pluto TV (a free streaming TV service in the US) and newcomers such as CBSN, ET Live and niche players like Noggin. They noted that the merger could give them opportunities to expand their streaming internationally. The companies also said their merger will improve opportunities in advertising and deals with distributors and create a stronger player to license their catalog to other platforms worldwide. The companies said they expect the deal, which still needs to win regulatory approval and clear other conditions, will close by the end of this year. Viacom shares will be converted into shares of CBS, with CBS shareholders owning about 61% of the combined company, and Viacom the rest.Viacom’s head, Bob Bakish, will lead the combined company as president and CEO, while CBS’s leader, Joe Ianniello, will serve as chairman and CEO of CBS proper. “Our unique ability to produce premium and popular content for global audiences at scale — for our own platforms and for our partners around the world — will enable us to maximize our business for today, while positioning us to lead for years to come,” Bakish said in a statement. Originally published August 13, 12:23 p.m. PT.Update, 2:25 p.m. PT: With comment from executives on call. Comments Tags TV and Movies Digital Media Share your voice 7 CBS Viacomlast_img read more

RGVs Lakshmis NTR release postponed again Is CBFCTDP responsible for this delay

first_imgLakshmi’s NTRTwitterDirector Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) has once again postponed the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. Fingers are apparently being pointed at Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for this delay.Lakshmi’s NTR, which is a biopic on NT Rama Rao, is one of the most-anticipated Telugu movies of 2019. Its controversial promos and the failure of NTR: Kathanayakudu and Mahanayakudu have raised a lot of curiosity and expected this movie. But Ram Gopal Varma has been testing the patience of the viewers by deferring its release for various reasons.Ram Gopal Varma recently confirmed that Lakshmi’s NTR would hit the screens on March 22 and none can stop its release. Even producer Rakesh Reddy also assured to fight against all odds for its release. But now, the director has silently announced its delay on his Twitter handle without revealing the reason for it. He tweeted, “‏Get Ready to know all the truths on March 29 th #LakshmisNTR.”Many in the film industry are busy speculating the reason for Ram Gopal Varma postponing the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. They feel that the complaint filed by the TDP activist or the delay in the censorship must be responsible for the film not hitting the screens on the announced date.It is known that a TDP worker named Devibabu Choudhary had filed case with the Election Commission, seeking to stop the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. In his complaint, he had claimed that the movie shows AP CM Chandrababu Naidu in a bad light, which will not only tarnish his image but also affect the voters, as it hits the screens weeks before the polling. It is said that the court might have issued an order to halt.On the other hand, Ram Gopal Varma alleged on Sunday that the CBFC was delaying the censorship of Lakshmi’s NTR for obvious reasons. He tweeted on March 17, “By refusing to watch #LakshmisNTR by assuming what might be in the film, It is clear that CBFC is over reaching its authority in trying to favour someone.”Ram Gopal Varma announced to hold a press meet on Monday. The director tweeted, “Me and my advocate Mr. Ponnavolu Sudhakar Reddy are going to address a press meet tmrw 18th mrng 10 AM at Prasad lab to reveal about CBFC ILLEGALLY TRYING TO STOP #LakshmisNTR ..We will be telling the details about how it will be dragged to court.”Minutes later, Ram Gopal Varma surprised everyone by changing his stand on the CBFC. He tweeted, “There has been an unfortunate misunderstanding between our office and the CBFC which has now been cleared ..The CBFC is now doing the necessary action as per the laid down procedure ..Hence our press meet against the CBFC is cancelled ..Jai NTR #LakshmiNTR”Get Ready to know all the truths on March 29 th #LakshmisNTR pic.twitter.com/GRGTC9K3jR— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) March 19, 2019last_img read more

Oscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy

first_imgOscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 viewsOscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 views00:00 / 00:00- 00:00:0000:00Oscar nominees fuel Chinese movie piracy546 viewsBusinessPLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3 Academy Award-nominated films flooding the market in China – top-quality bootleg versions, that is. It’s Oscar season again. China hasVentuno Web Player 4.50PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3 Academy Award-nominated films flooding the market in China – top-quality bootleg versions, that is. It’s Oscar season again. China haslast_img read more

16 HIV positive Rohingyas found one dies

first_imgA Rohingya refugee woman who arrived from Myanmar last night by boat, sits on the bank of the Naf river as border guards temporarily hold them, in Shah Porir Dwip, Teknaf, Bangladesh, 7 October, 2017. Photo: ReutersAround 16 Rohingya people having with HIV positive were found in Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital, reports UNB.Physician Shahin Abdur Rahman Chowdhury, a resource person of Rohingya camp and also a residential medical officer of the hospital, said that they have detected 16 patients infected with HIV since 25 August.Of them, nine patients are now undergoing treatment while treatment for the rest six will begin soon.Meanwhile, one of the HIV patients died before starting the treatment, said the physician.Abdus Salam, civil surgeon of the district, said that the number of patients having HIV is increasing.He said that some 2,000 medical staffs, including 100 MBBS doctors, specialist physicians, intern physicians, medical students, are working for ensuring treatment at Rohingya camps.last_img read more