Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini has faced off against numerous amounts of world-class strikers across his playing career and rates Mauro Icardi as one of the bestThe Inter Milan star is one of the most highly-regarded forwards in European football right now and has been frequently linked with a move to Real Madrid.In total, Icardi has scored 119 goals in 200 appearances for Inter and has found the net against Juventus eight times since arriving at Italy in 2011.And Chiellini has nothing but respect for Icardi, who he rates as the most deadliest striker in the penalty area behind team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.“In my opinion, Icardi is the second best striker in the penalty box who I’ve ever marked,” Chiellini told DAZN, via Football-Italia.“He chips away at you mentally, in the sense that you have to be concentrated all the time. I’ve only encountered one who is worse for that, but he’s playing with me this year!”The Italian defender then gave his take on the downside of Juventus’ campaign this season.Gasperini reveals why he rejected Inter Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Atalanta manager, Gian Piero Gasperini, has revealed why he rejected Internazionale Milan’s job proposal over the summer transfer window.Massimiliano Allegri’s side finished top of Group H in the Champions League on Wednesday night, despite losing 2-1 to BSC Young Boys in their final game, and already lead the Serie A by eight points from nearest challengers Napoli.But Chiellini highlighted October’s 1-1 home draw with Genoa and their 2-1 defeat to Manchester United last month as low points in their season.“There are some, like that draw we had with Genoa. Those were definitely two points dropped, and with all due respect for Genoa we can’t afford to drop points to them at home,” said Chiellini.“We’ve also been at 1-0 close to the end too many times. It’s almost always been fine because of our attitude, but against Manchester United we paid for it with interest.“I’d say 1-0 is a perfect result up until about 60 minutes, then you need to get the second and manage things better.“Not conceding gives you confidence for the next games, but having a little cushion means you expend less physical and mental energy.”
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Fire Department and Kenai Police Department are responding to the Kenai Airport for the report of an individual found unconscious in the bathroom of the upstairs bar.Update:Sergeant Alex Prins with the Kenai Police Department said that the police are investigating a suspected drug overdose.Updated information:According to reports- the initial call to police was for the report of a deceased individual found- upon arrival Kenai Police determined the individual had a pulse and began life saving measures.The individual has been transported to Central Peninsula Hospital and receiving medical attention.Original Story:Limited details are known at this time. According to on-scene sources the individual was found in the bathroom of the Upper Deck Bar.Responders and emergency personal are currently on scene investigating the incident. Details regarding the individual are not known at this time. Updates will be posted as they are made available.
WILMINGTON, MA — Below is an announcement from We’re One Wilmington:Congratulations to Sue Hendee, Shawsheen School Physical Education Teacher, for being selected as the 2019 WOW School Staff Recognition Award recipient. Winners are selected annually from nominations submitted by school staff and WOW members. Winners demonstrate a commitment to community service by going above and beyond the expectations of their job to incorporate the concept of community service into their classrooms or the Wilmington school system.Sue organizes the Wilmington Kids Pan Mass Challenge, which is a huge undertaking. This year alone roughly $20,000 was raised to fight cancer. This is in addition to riding the adult Pan Mass Challenge herself – a rigorous 2-day bike-a-thon.Sue is also well-known as the WHS Varsity Girls soccer coach. In addition to her coaching role, she spearheads a collaborative fundraising effort with Stoneham High School (boys and girls soccer teams from both schools participate), which raises money for Breast Cancer Research.These are just two of many examples of why Sue is so deserving of this award.Thank you to Sue for the countless hours of time spent – above and beyond what would ever be expected – to spread the spirit of community service throughout our school system!Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington High School Wins Eastern Mass. Girls Soccer Coaches Association’s Program Of Excellence AwardIn “Sports”SCHOOL COMMITTEE NEWS: District Honors WHS Girls Soccer Coach Sue HendeeIn “Education”Wilmington High’s Diana Hill & Mary Lou McDonough Receive WOW’s School Staff Recognition AwardIn “Education”
Lakshmi’s NTRTwitterDirector Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) has once again postponed the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. Fingers are apparently being pointed at Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for this delay.Lakshmi’s NTR, which is a biopic on NT Rama Rao, is one of the most-anticipated Telugu movies of 2019. Its controversial promos and the failure of NTR: Kathanayakudu and Mahanayakudu have raised a lot of curiosity and expected this movie. But Ram Gopal Varma has been testing the patience of the viewers by deferring its release for various reasons.Ram Gopal Varma recently confirmed that Lakshmi’s NTR would hit the screens on March 22 and none can stop its release. Even producer Rakesh Reddy also assured to fight against all odds for its release. But now, the director has silently announced its delay on his Twitter handle without revealing the reason for it. He tweeted, “Get Ready to know all the truths on March 29 th #LakshmisNTR.”Many in the film industry are busy speculating the reason for Ram Gopal Varma postponing the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. They feel that the complaint filed by the TDP activist or the delay in the censorship must be responsible for the film not hitting the screens on the announced date.It is known that a TDP worker named Devibabu Choudhary had filed case with the Election Commission, seeking to stop the release of Lakshmi’s NTR. In his complaint, he had claimed that the movie shows AP CM Chandrababu Naidu in a bad light, which will not only tarnish his image but also affect the voters, as it hits the screens weeks before the polling. It is said that the court might have issued an order to halt.On the other hand, Ram Gopal Varma alleged on Sunday that the CBFC was delaying the censorship of Lakshmi’s NTR for obvious reasons. He tweeted on March 17, “By refusing to watch #LakshmisNTR by assuming what might be in the film, It is clear that CBFC is over reaching its authority in trying to favour someone.”Ram Gopal Varma announced to hold a press meet on Monday. The director tweeted, “Me and my advocate Mr. Ponnavolu Sudhakar Reddy are going to address a press meet tmrw 18th mrng 10 AM at Prasad lab to reveal about CBFC ILLEGALLY TRYING TO STOP #LakshmisNTR ..We will be telling the details about how it will be dragged to court.”Minutes later, Ram Gopal Varma surprised everyone by changing his stand on the CBFC. He tweeted, “There has been an unfortunate misunderstanding between our office and the CBFC which has now been cleared ..The CBFC is now doing the necessary action as per the laid down procedure ..Hence our press meet against the CBFC is cancelled ..Jai NTR #LakshmiNTR”Get Ready to know all the truths on March 29 th #LakshmisNTR pic.twitter.com/GRGTC9K3jR— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) March 19, 2019
Karnataka floodsTwitterThe continuous torrential downpour in 12 districts of North and Coastal Karnataka from past several days have created flooding in the region. The water levels have risen in the rivers and landslides are also reported in the Western Ghat areas.At least nine people are reported to be dead and several others have been injured due to the incessant rainfalls and floods. Nearly 44,000 people have been evacuated from 51 flood-hit taluks. Around 16,875 people and 3,010 animals have been shifted to 272 relief camps.Belagavi is the most affected district with over 40,000 evacuations and 6 people have died from the district. The educational institutions have been directed to shut down due to the bad weather conditions. Traffic movement has also been prohibited in the flood-affected areas.Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has requested all the citizens to help the people affected by floods by contributing generously to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. The rescue operations are conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), Indian Army and Fire and Emergency department.
Share APSenate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., left, and Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., right, walk outside the chamber during debate in the Senate on immigration, at the Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018. Schumer said on the Senate floor that “the one person who seems most intent on not getting a deal is President Trump.” (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)Senate moderates reached a bipartisan agreement Wednesday aimed at balancing Democrats’ fight to offer citizenship to young “Dreamer” immigrants with President Donald Trump’s demands for billions of dollars to build his coveted border wall with Mexico, participants in those talks said.It was unclear how the compromise would be greeted by Republican and Democratic leaders or the White House, or whether it could attract the 60 votes that will be needed to move through the closely-divided Senate. So far, no other package has emerged from either side that seems able to do that, leaving the debate’s outcome in doubt.The proposal was emerging as the Senate spent a third day of debate largely as it’s spent the first two — with the chamber floor mostly empty. Other than an initial roll call allowing formal debate to begin, there have been no other votes while party leaders talk behind the scenes about scheduling votes on specific proposals.Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has said he wants the Senate to finish considering immigration legislation this week. It is unclear whether that will happen.Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said the moderates’ proposal would grant a 10- to 12-year route to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers, the same number Trump has suggested in his own wider-ranging proposal. Dreamers are young immigrants who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children and still have no permanent protection from deportation.Graham and Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., said the plan would provide $25 billion over a decade for a wall and other border security measures, an amount Trump has requested. It would bar Dreamers from sponsoring their parents for citizenship — well short of a Trump proposal to prevent all legal immigrants from bringing parents and siblings to the U.S.The moderates’ measure does not end a lottery that distributes about 55,000 visas annually to people from diverse countries, as Trump has proposed.“The diversity lottery is kind of toxic politically because of some of the things said by the president made that really hard politics on the Democratic side,” said Graham, a reference to a vulgar description Trump used for people from African countries.The White House issued a written statement by Trump urging senators to back and his bill and “oppose any legislation that fails to fulfill” his “four pillars.” But the statement did not say Trump would veto a bill that fell short of his demands.A GOP bill tracking Trump’s proposal and backed by McConnell has been introduced and could receive a Senate vote soon.Few expect Trump’s plan to attract the 60 votes it would need to survive, but Rounds said he believed the moderates’ proposal could.If that happens, Rounds said, “We’ll allow the president to determine whether or not it moves in the direction that he wants.”Also in play is a more modest plan by Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Chris Coons, D-Del., and supported by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. It would let many Dreamers qualify for permanent residence and direct federal agencies to more effectively control the border by 2020. But it doesn’t offer a special citizenship pathway for Dreamers or make sweeping changes in legal immigration rules.In another statement, the White House said it opposes the McCain-Coons plan. It said the proposal would “increase illegal immigration, surge chain migration” — a term critics use to describe family-based immigration — and cause other problems.Democrats prefer a narrower approach that addresses “Dreamers” and border security. Schumer said that “the one person who seems most intent on not getting a deal is President Trump.” He said Trump “is trying to force his unpopular, hard-line immigration agenda down the throats of the American people.”McConnell said the president has “spelled out a fair and generous framework that will be necessary to earn his signature.”
pexels.com Listen When we hear about “innovation,” we may automatically think of technology hubs like Silicon Valley or Austin. But what about arts and culture? How do they drive innovation?That’s what author and urban scholar and Elizabeth Currid-Halkett studies. She’s a professor of public policy at the University of Southern California’s Price School of Public Policy. She’s speaking at a Rice University event tonight about the importance of cities investing in innovation for a competitive advantage.In the audio above, Houston Matters producer Maggie Martin talks with Currid-Halkett about how Houston can invest more in the arts and why she says we’ll ultimately come out ahead for doing so.The event is tonight from 7 to 8:30 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, located at 1001 Bissonnet Street.elizabethcurridhalkett.comElizabeth Currid-Halkett, chair in urban and regional planning at the University of South California’s Price School of Public Policy. Share 00:00 /09:43 X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:
Gillis Memorial Christian Community Church is celebrating Red Dress Sunday on Feb. 12 at the 9:30 a.m. service. Come, be educated and share your support. Red Dress Sunday is an faith-based health education and outreach program designed to raise awareness of the devastating effects of heart disease. For more information visit gillismemorialchurch.com or call the church at (410) 466-2800. Gillis Memorial is located at 4016 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore, Md. 21215.(Google Photo)
Popular on Variety Seth Rogen says he’s been directly in touch with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey about verifying “white supremacists” on the social platform — and the actor-comedian now is ripping into the tech exec over the issue.Rogen, in a tweet Tuesday, wrote: “I’ve been DMing with @jack about his bizarre need to verify white supremacists on his platform for the last 8 months or so, and after all the exchanges, I’ve reached a conclusion: the dude simply does not seem to give a fuck.” Some of the accounts banned in late 2017 included the Traditionalist Worker Party, a group of white supremacists known for its anti-semitism, the pro-confederate League of the South, as well as the American Nazi Party. Twitter also banned accounts from individuals associated with these groups, as well as far-right extremists from the U.K., including the anti-immigrant group Britain First.In February, Dorsey said the company’s efforts to improve “information quality” extend to providing tools to help users ascertain the credibility of sources. “Twitter is a very good mirror for what’s going on in the world,” Dorsey said, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference. “At our worst it makes people be a lot more reflexive, and at our best it encourages people to be a lot more reflective.” ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Twitter declined to comment. Dorsey had not responded to Rogen’s tweet as of press time.Hate speech and abusive behavior more broadly have been issues threatening Twitter’s growth and they’ve periodically flared into PR problems for the company. Dorsey has routinely pledged to make “safety” a No. 1 priority at Twitter and has said he’s implemented a program to measure the “health” of conversations on the platform.Last December, Twitter banned several accounts associated with far-right extremists, including at least one that has been retweeted by President Trump, as part of instituting new rules against hate and harassment.